The Dancer’s Alchemy will be collecting items for U.S. troops during the holiday season through the City of Delray Beach who is partnering with “You Are Not Alone” (YANA) and “One Soldier at a Time” for the 10th annual Project Holiday.
Donations may be dropped off in our Lobby at 1203 Knuth Road Boynton Beach, FL 33436 through December 2nd.
We invite you to join us as we collect desperately needed items to ship to soldiers unable to come home for the holidays. The community is encouraged to experience the true spirit of the season by contributing to this worthy cause.
Examples of needed items are (travel size preferred):
- Thermoguard pads (heating pads)
- Holiday decorations (all faiths)
- Bags of hard, individually wrapped candy and gum (i.e., lifesavers, dollar store hard candy – please no chocolates except for tootsie rolls, tootsie roll pops, charm pops, etc.)
- Snacks that can easily be put in their pockets while on duty (i.e., fruit cups, peanut butter crackers, etc.)
- Dried meats (beef jerky, Slim Jim, pepperoni)
- Boxes of granola bars or similar, individual bags of nuts, dried fruit, trail mix or sunflower seeds • Boxed and/or individual drink packets (i.e., Crystal Light, Wal-Mart or Target brand, Kool-Aid, hot chocolate, etc.)
- Non-perishable food items
- Foil packed tuna and chicken
- Purell hand sanitizer
- Hand lotion and sun block
- Batteries (i.e., AA or AAA)
- Hygiene products (foot powder, deodorant, toothpaste, baby wipes no bigger than 2½ wide packages)
- Socks (e.g., white or black knee-hi)
- Holiday and encouragement cards
Information on Project Holiday can also be found on the City’s website, mydelraybeach.com.
“You Are Not Alone” (YANA) is a local group sponsored by the City of Delray Beach that provides encouragement and emotional support to family members and friends of our soldiers.
“One Soldier at a Time” is a project that supports our deployed military with care packages and words of encouragement.
Thank you to Amy Alvarez for helping us get set up with this wonderful cause!